In order to use the Google Play store app on your android device, you will need to log on to your Google account. As soon as you login into your Google account, you will have almost all Google services in your device, including Gmail, contacts, bookmarks as well as your picasa web albums.
Sometimes it’s really good to have all of these backed up on phone, but not always, especially in the case of Picasa web albums. All the photos will show up in your android phone gallery. If you don’t like having those around, you can take these simple steps to remove the picasa albums from your Android gallery.
- Go to Settings -> Accounts and Sync.
- Tap on your Google account and uncheck the ‘Sync Picasa Web Albums’ option.
- Now on Settings menu, go to Applications or Applications Manager and swipe to the third tab (All).
- Scroll down and find ‘gallery’ app. Open the ‘gallery’ app and tap on both the ‘clear data’ and ‘clear cache’. Don’t worry, your local photos and videos won’t be deleted.
- Now go back to the gallery app and you will notice that the synced photos has been removed from your gallery.
If you have any doubts, watch the video below for the steps.