Whether you chat with friends on Skype, or make video recordings, you’ll need a good microphone. However, not every computer comes with a built-in mic. If you happen to need a microphone on your computer but for some reason you don’t have one, your Android device can comes in handy. You can use it as a wireless mic via WI-Fi or Bluetooth, or connect it to your computer through a USB cable.
In order to turn your android device into a microphone, you’ll need to install a tiny app called WO Mic on your Android phone. This app supports all three connectivity options, USB, WiFi, and Bluetooth. Below are the steps on how you can use your Android device as a microphone using Wo Mic app:
- Download and install Wo Mic app on your Android device
- Download and install Wo Mic device driver as well the client program on your computer. (When installing the driver, make sure your PC is connected to internet; otherwise, it may fail to install.)
If you want to connect via USB, follow these steps:
- Launch WO Mic app on your device
- Go to Settings -> Transport and choose ‘USB’.
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- For Android devices running Android 3.2 or older, you can find this option in Settings -> Applications -> Development.
- For devices running Android 4.0 and newer, go to Settings -> Developer options.
- For devices running Android 4.2 and newer, go to Settings -> About phone and tap Build number seven times. Return to the previous screen to find Developer options.
Wait a few seconds and the client should be connected. You can now use your android device to make recording or chatting on your PC.
If you want to connect via wifi, follow these steps:
- Launch WO Mic app on your Android phone
- Go to Settings -> Transport and choose ‘Wifi’.
- Turn on Wifi on your phone and PC. (Note: Make sure that both your computer and your Android device are connected to the same WiFi network in order for the app to work.)
- Now tap ‘Start’ on the main menu and should see an IP address appear on the screen. Note down the IP address provided.
- Launch WO Mic Client program on your computer
- Select Connection -> Connect. Choose ‘Wifi’ and enter the IP address that you’ve noted down.
- Once you’re done, click OK.
If you want to connect via bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Launch WO Mic app
- Go to Settings -> Transport and choose ‘Bluetooth’.
- Turn ‘ON’ Bluetooth on your Android phone and PC
- Connect both the devices
- Tap ‘Start’ to start the WO Mic
- Run WO Mic Client program
- Select Connection -> Connect. Choose ‘Bluetooth’ and you can see that your device selected automatically. If it does not appear in the list, then check if they are paired correctly.
- Once done, click OK and enjoy the mic.