Pokemon Go players no longer have to be worried about losing their “Pokemon Go” data when changing a new Android Phone. The game is cloud-based, meaning that all your account information is stored on remote servers. If you decide to get a new one, here are some simple steps that will help you transfer your “Pokemon Go” account and everything on it, to your new Android Phone.
How to Transfer Pokémon Go Account to a New Android Phone
- The first step when transferring a “Pokemon Go” account to a new phone is to make sure that you remember the Google or Pokemon Trainer Club account that you used to sign up for the game. You can see the account name by simply tapping the “PokeBall” icon, head to ‘Settings’, and the account name will be under the ‘Sign Out’ option.
- Sign out from the original Pokemon Go account on this first device.
- When you’ve signed out from Pokemon Go account from first device, now it’s time to log in to new device.
- Open Pokémon Go on your new Android Phone.
- Sign in with your current Google account or Pokémon Trainer Club account.
That’s it. You’ve successfully transferred your Pokemon Go account to your new device. If you still don’t see your game data, contact Niantic Labs for help.