When it comes to transferring files from your android device to computer or other mobile device, Bluetooth or USB cable is the most commonly used medium. They work absolutely fine but there is a better way to do it.
With the connectivity options like Wifi, you can transfer files from and to your Android device without using cables at a faster transfer rate than Bluetooth. The good news is you don’t need to buy any accessory to do that, you just need an app called Airdroid that you can download for free at Google Play Store.
Airdroid is one of the highest rated apps in the market that lets you manage and control your Android devices (phones & tablets) from a desk web browser. The app can be both used to receive and send files wirelessly between your PC and Android device.
Airdroid also lets you easily interact with content on your device. It links to your contacts and messages, meaning you can send SMS or get contact information without reaching for your phone.
Apart from that, you can also view media files on your device like photos, musics and videos, which will all stream over Wi-Fi for you to view or edit on your computer.
Now, let’s see how to transfer files from and to your Android device using Airdroid app over WiFi.
Note: Both your PC and your device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Download and install the AirDroid app on your device.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- It’ll show a tour for the first time users, just skip it.
- Now, you’ll see an web URL and IP address on the app. Note them down as you’ll need that web address to connect your Android device through your computer’s web browser.
- Open your desk web browser and enter the web address stated on the app which is web.airdroid.com. The link will take you to AirDroid’s web desktop panel.
- On your phone, tap the Scan QR code on the app and this will open the camera app. Pointing it to the QR Code that appears on the web desktop panel. For this method to work, your smartphone must have a QR code scanner. If your phone doesn’t have one, then you can create an account using your e-mail address, or sign-in through your Facebook or Twitter account to proceed.
Now, you’ve successfully connected your Android device to your computer, and you can start to transfer files between your device and computer.
How to Transfer Files from or to your Android device
Go to your AirDroid web desktop interface and click the ‘Files’ icon. Navigate to specific files and folders where you would like to upload or download files to.
Select ‘Upload’ to receive files from your PC or select ‘Download’ to send files to your PC.
As soon as you’re done, you can close the Files window. You may also click the disconnect button on your AirDroid app to end your wireless file transfer session.
Let us know how this app helped you out in the comments.